Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Going Ga Ga for Hotel ZaZa!!



Having been born and bred in the Windy City, I've grown accustomed to seeing lavish hotels as I walked the streets of downtown Chicago, knowing there was no way I could possibly ever afford a night's stay there, let alone a martini in their "ultra classy" lounge. So, when I was invited to a charity event at the posh Hotel ZaZa in downtown Houston, I felt a bit intimidated. "What would I wear? (or what still fit?), How should I do my hair? Should I get my nails done?" were common questions rolling through my mind, as I was only invited 6 hours before.

Wearing my "little black dress" (it's because of last-minute invites to swanky events that every woman should have one), we pulled up to the hotel with about five people waiting to help us out of our cars. I had a reason to feel intimidated. Although, walking into the hotel lobby, I felt like I was in the lounge at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, but with a "homey" Houston feel, immediately drawn to the huge gold cow they have presented under pink and purple lights. Our event was poolside, which had a balcony that overlooked the beautiful museum district. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect night! The staff was very attentive and friendly, even when we went down to the Monarch Lounge for drinks and appetizers. Here's a tip: The Steak and Sticks were phenomenal!! Their appetizers are big enough for 2-3 people, and are the way to go if you're on a budget like me. :)
Hotel ZaZa is definitely a place to relax and have a martini in when visiting Houston! The staff and atmosphere will make you feel right at home!! http://www.hotelzaza.com/houston/

No comments:

Post a Comment